The DWL-8710AP can be installed on a wall or pole with the included mounting brackets. The DWL-8710AP is IP67-compliant and is designed to operate in harsh outdoor environments and temperatures ranging from -30 up to 60˚C. For easy installation, it has integrated 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, allowing installation of this device in areas where power outlets are not readily available.
The DWL-8710AP supports all the latest in Wi-Fi security, including WPA, WPA2, and 802.1X. In addition, the DWL-8710AP supports up to 32 Virtual Access Points (VAP), which gives the administrator the flexibility to easily assign access privileges to different classes of users. When used together with D-Link’s line of Unified Wireless
Switches, security can be taken to a new level. Rogue APs in the network may be easily detected, and the administrator will be immediately notified of any security threat.
Automatic Radio Frequency (RF) Management
When a number of access points are deployed close to each other, interference may result if proper RF management is not implemented. When a DWL-8710AP senses a neighbor AP nearby, RF management will make it so that the DWL-8710AP will automatically select a non-interfering channel. This greatly reduces RF interference and makes it possible to deploy APs more densely. To further minimize interference, the DWL-8710AP will automatically lower its transmitting power when an adjacent AP is operating on the same channel2. If a nearby AP is no longer present, the DWL-8710AP will dynamically increase its transmitting power again to increase wireless coverage.
Quality of Service
The DWL-8710AP supports Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM), which prioritizes timesensitive traffic in the event of a network data congestion. Furthermore, when a number of DWL-8710APs are in close proximity with each other, an access point will refuse new association requests once its resources are fully utilized. Instead, the association request will be picked up by a neighboring unit. This feature ensures that a single access point is never overloaded while others remain underutilized. Furthermore, the administrator has the option to limit the bandwidth on a per-user basis, avoiding scenarios where a particular client might use up all the available bandwidth, affecting the performance of other users on the network.
Ideal for Business and Campus Environments
- Blazing performance with combined wireless speeds of up to 867+300 Mbps1
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for bridging another device, such as camera or AP
- Automatic load-balancing between linked APs
- Combine with D-Link’s Wireless Controllers or Unified Switches to control and manage up to 1,024 access points3
- WPA/WPA2 Personal and Enterprise
- MAC address filtering
- Rogue AP detection
- Automatic channel selection
- Automatic transmit power adjustment
- IP67-compliant housing, allowing it to withstand very harsh weather conditions
- Can be easily attached to a wall or pole using the provided mounting kits
- Supports 802.3at Power over Ethernet, allowing the unit to be installed in remote locations